At the Law Offices of Matthew T. Marin, Esquire, Inc., we provide individuals with a no obligation expungement consultation. This consultation can be as quick and easy as completing the Free Consultation Contact Form on our website. To streamline this process, it is important that you provide our office with all the information we need to properly evaluate your eligiblity. This important information includes the following:
- Legal Name (which was used at the time of your arrest)
- Date of Birth
- Arresting Police Department
- Case Number (if available)
- Charge(s) Brought Against You
- Charge(s) that Remained at the Conclusion of your Case
- Sentence Imposed by the Court ( jail / probation / filing / dismissal )
Many years after your case has been resolved, it may be difficult to remember many of these important details. Individuals seeking a free expungement consultation should review the Rhode Island Judiciary's Website to track down this information. Once on the Judiciary Website, you can follow the following steps to review your case information:
- Click "Search By Defendant Name / Business Name"
- Click "Accept" regarding the Disclaimer Information
- Enter your Last Name and First Name
- Review the Records which Appear, locating your cases by Birth Year
- Locate the Particular Case you are seeking, and Click the blue linked Case Number
Once you have located your case and clicked on the case number, a "Case Information" page will appear. As a word of caution, much of the information contained within the Rhode Island Judiciary's Website is inaccurate or incomplete. Take what is there with a grain of salt. On the "Case Information" page, you will likely see information that resembles the following:
This page includes all the important information we need to evaluate your eligibility for expungement. In the top left hand corner, the case number (in this case, the case number is "61-1993-05799") and "Arresting Agency" are listed. In the "Charge" box, the criminal charge brought by the Police Department is listed. In the "Disposition/Date" box, the plea entered or verdict is listed. And finally, in the "Sentence/Judge" box the sentence imposed by the Court is listed.
Armed with this information, we can quickly provide a free expungement case evaluation and, if eligible, begin the process of removing cases from your Rhode Island Criminal Record. Contact Attorney Matthew Marin at the Law Offices of Matthew T. Marin, Esquire, Inc. today to get this process started. We can be reached by phone at 401-228-8271, email at email@example.com, or by the expungement consultation form on our website HERE.